Dunboyne College of Further Education (DCFE) is located in Dunboyne Business Park in Dunboyne Co Meath. Dunboyne College of Further Education (DCFE) opened in 2003 in Dunboyne Village, moved to St Peters College in 2005, and to Dunboyne Business Park in 2007. Most of our 900 students are secondary school leavers looking for access to third level, but about twenty percent are mature students.
Dunboyne College of Further Education is the only full time provider of Post Leaving Certificate education in Meath, west Dublin and north Kildare. Dunboyne College and now over 40 programmes primarily in:
- Pre University areas of Arts, Teaching, Science, Food and agricultural Science, Animal Care, Law, and Business
- Health Care areas of Nursing, Healthcare, Social Care, Psychology, Nutrition, Pharmacy and Childcare,
- T. areas like multimedia, Creative media, Computer Networks, eBusiness, Media and Film, Online Marketing, and Office Administration.
- Other courses include Sound, Music, Beauty Therapy, Hairdressing, Equine, Sports, Sports Injury, Art, Cookery, and Tourism/Airline .
- Level 6 courses in the areas of, Childcare, Healthcare, Art,, Sports, Beauty, Hair, Cookery, Business and Multimedia.
There are over 2300 applicants for DCFE courses every year for the past four years as over 90% of our graduates who earn a full certificate attaining a third level offer or employment in their field or choice. DCFE is first choice PLC provider to over 400,000 people and thirty feeder schools in Meath, Dublin 15 and north Kildare with students coming from over one hundred feeder schools in total. DCFE is as a primary PLC feeder school to Maynooth University, DCU, DIT, ITB, (TUDublin), and DKIT. We are recognised by SOLAS as having the potential to providing significant training needs for the whole region.
Dunboyne College has become a centre of excellence in the region and has integrated school leavers, mature students and non-national students. The college has continually developed new programmes in conjunction with business, industry and third levels needs. DCFE can easily grow further providing PLC programmes to our traditional PLC market as well as traineeships through SOLAS to many in our region who require upskilling, pathways to employment, or who want the skills to enable them to access a third level course.